Sunday, September 11, 2011

Why I didn't ask you for a dance?

When I started to lead, I soon noticed how much circumstances decided my partner for next tanda and I relaxed. It can go like this when i look for a follower for next tanda .....

I promised my next milonga for her, but when the milonga started I just could not spot her! Where is she? Looking around but no: I could not find her! According to her I was looking into her eyes but just turned around and asked another lady. Later I noticed that her djungle printed dress made ​​her invisible for me, she just disappeared! (We are friends again;)) I need a dress / detail to spot you ...

I had seen her at one of the tables, but when the next tanda came she was not there anymore. What a rush to find someone else for this wonderful tanda! When dancing around I spotted her on the other side of the pista. Please, keep the same place for some cortinas and then change if you prefer to be somewhere else .... I need to find you somehow!

That night I was not totally ok and wanted to dance with the most nearest followers


I really want to dance with you but not during THIS  tanda. I want to have something more inspiring for us ...

Yes, I want to dance with you but I want to dance with one of my regular partners first. She has been sitting for a while ...

Yes, I am not dancing now but I am still occupied. I want to ask someone to dance with me and I need to concentrate and focus before it! Waiting for the right tanda too.

I have been dancing for a long time and know lot of people at our ordinary milongas. There can be 50 up to 70 followers I know but only 4 (!) tandas per hour to dance. Can this be the reason when a follower wonders - He is dancing with me on Fridays but not on Sundays, what's wrong with me on Sundays? ... and another one asks: what's wrong with me on Fridays?


I do maintain two reasons to refuse a dance with a specific follower.

The dangerous and painful one is when the lady uses walking technique with high heels up, parallel with the floor - That heel will regularly visit the inside of the shoe for the leader in front of us ......

The other reason is her attitude. If an unknown follower comes by and says: I want to test you! or .... if someone is rude for a more quiet sister and stepping over her to a leader!

No comments: